Afternoon Group Meditation and Mindfulness Training (Saturdays) £125.00
Our course is specifically designed to teach the basics of mindfulness and meditation in one afternoon. We believe in a no nonsense approach to teaching, and seek to remove much of the unnecessary confusion and mysticism, surrounding our specialism.
It can be of no benefit to ‘shut out’ the world, as some suggest meditation, can achieve. We can either learn to try and escape a stressful world, or we can learn how to deal with the ups and downs of life, in a practically useful way. We feel the latter of these two options is the most favourable and lasting choice.
With this in mind, we must never overrate meditation, and yet at the same time, neither should we undervalue it. Raising awareness and learning how to be the master of our thoughts, and as a consequence our lives, will always prove to be of great value.
On The Day
- A gentle group discussion starts off the first session of the afternoon.
It’s important to ascertain what our expectations are and what future goals we may have. We must ensure our expectations are realistic and recognise the type of discipline needed for our goals to be realised.
- To set the correct mood we now run through a few simple relaxation exercises.
- The importance of how we must sit, so that we remain alert whilst comfortable, is now covered. A firm cushion and mat will be provided.
- A simple ‘breath awareness’ exercises will be experienced to round off this section of the afternoon.
During the second half of the course you will be gently introduced to varying techniques to promote increased mindfulness. Time and weather permitting, this will include a ‘walking mindfully’ exercise, through the nearby park.
- The mind and its workings are now discussed at length. The greater our understanding, of how and why we think the way we do, the better.
- The important element of how to compassionately register and acknowledge our thoughts, in order to raise our awareness of their nature, is covered at this stage.
Should any concerns or misgivings arise, as a consequence of your meditation experience, it will be your teacher’s responsibility to place your mind at ease.
All in all our aim is simple: to create a solid and secure grounding for you to build upon, in your future daily, meditation practise. A no nonsense approach to being fully engaged with life.