Afternoon Group Meditation and Mindfulness Training (Saturdays) £120.00
Whether experienced or beginner, our course is designed to either add to your existing skills, or smoothly guide you through your early first steps. We believe in a no nonsense approach to teaching, and seek to remove much of the unnecessary confusion and mysticism, surrounding the gentle art of meditation.
On The Day
- A gentle group discussion starts off the first session of the afternoon.
It’s important to ascertain what our expectations are and what future goals we may have. We must ensure our expectations are realistic and recognise the type of discipline needed for our goals to be realised.
- To set the correct mood we now run through a few simple relaxation exercises.
- The importance of how we must sit, so that we remain alert whilst comfortable, is now covered. A purpose made firm cushion and mat will be provided.
- A simple ‘breath awareness’ exercise will be experienced to round off this section of the afternoon.
Having a multitude of meditation techniques available to us, means we are then better equipped, to choose one that suits us best. Therefore, during the second half of the afternoon, you will be introduced to several interesting and varied methods. Time and weather permitting, this will include a ‘walking mindfully’ exercise, close to the training venue.
- The mind and its workings are now discussed at length. The greater our understanding, of how and why we think the way we do, the better.
- The important element of how to compassionately register and acknowledge our thoughts, in order to raise our awareness of their nature, is covered at this stage.
Should any concerns or misgivings arise, as a consequence of your meditation experience, it will be your teacher’s responsibility to place your mind at ease. At the close of the day you will be awarded a personalised certificate of attendance.
All in all, our aim is simple: to create a solid and secure grounding for you to build upon, in your future daily, meditation practice. A no nonsense approach to being fully engaged with life.